Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Transform and Roll Out!

Tomorrow night I'll be headed out. I am so giddy with anticipation that I can hardly contain myself. I'm off to my own personal Oz, a wonderland filled with fun and excitement.

Some make the pilgrimage to Mecca. Some go to the tops of mountains. But me... I go to BotCon.

I've known about BotCon since I first had access to the internet. I've read about it and wanted to go for YEARS. But it has always been just too far to drive or to expensive to stay over. But for one glorious time, it is close, and it is where I can crash with my cousin and eat all his food. Ok, well maybe not all. But I'm sure we'll wreck a pizza in there somewhere.

Oh there will be toys. There will be so many toys. And art. And cartoons.

And there will be the movie. Yes, indeed, the movie. The one that I have watched so many times since 1986 that I can recite it without any prompting. I will be one of the first to see it again as it was meant to be seen, fully remastered and in its widescreen glory, on an actual movie theater screen.

And there will be Optimus Prime. Oh sure, you may know him as Eeyore from The New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh or as K.A.R.R. from Knight Rider, or from any number of the literally hundreds of characters and cartoons he has voiced. But for me, Peter Cullen is and always will be Prime. You can have your John Waynes and your Chuck Norrises.

So, as I cruise off to my own personal Inner Child Fest, I hope that you will all find something that reawakens the child in you, glory in it if only for a day, and use it to make the rest of life more bearable.

Until that day... till all are one...

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


DUDE BOTCON RULES! I'm a huge fan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home