Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ah, the Power of Sleep...

Just so everyone knows, I had EVERY intention of being awake for most of Sunday. Intentions... That word almost always brings to mind two quotes: (1.) "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," and (2.) "It's hard to rely on my good intentions when my head's full of things that I can't mention," which is a lyric from Toad the Wet Sprocket.

So to clarify, I didn't get up from my Sunday nap. At least not anywhere near the time that I intended to. On the up side, I feel rejuvenated. On the negative side, I missed getting together with friends at church, not to mention doing work on the Idol Waves show.

I guess all this going-and-going has finally gotten to me, and the sleep I've lost has hijacked my body. At least that's the impression I get from the dent I left in the mattress. I wonder if gravity is stronger when you're sleeping well, because it sure is harder to get up from a sleep like that.

Anyway, I guess I gotta get on the ball with the Idol Waves show, which will as usual be premiering on Tuesday on Idol Waves Radio and then here on this site on Wednesday.

Unless I fall asleep first, of course...

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said...

I love Sunday naps and since a thunderstorm knocked off my electricity for 8 hours yesterday, that's all I did. Needless to say, I was very well rested today.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said...

Hey! Mikalah Gordon is on Tyra today talking about her brush with death in Las Vegas. Inspirational story. I wish her continued success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home