Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Will Makar Part Deux: The Return of the Mak!

Oddly enough, one of my absolute favorite Idols this past year has been Will Makar. He has one of the best attitudes I've seen, and for a guy his age, his work ethic is unbeatable. We've become fans of each other's work, and his mom has been keeping me in the loop about what's going on with him, but tonight, I thought I'd give him a call and find out what's up!

Will: What's up, what's up, man? How are ya?

J.D.: Doing great, doing great! It's great to hear from you again.

Will: It's great to hear from you!

J.D.: What's going on with you these days, man?

Will: Oh, well man, I tell ya, it's been great. I've been working a lot lately, so... because it's the holidays, and everybody I guess wants a show. So I've been doing a lot of performances around Houston, and not only Houston, but around the state of Texas. I actually just got back from New York around Thanksgiving. I am actually now working on my record.

J.D.: Awesome, awesome! When are we gonna see that?

Will: Well, I'm not totally sure about that. We want to make it right, so I don't want to give you an exact date right now.

J.D.: What kind of songs are we gonna hear.

Will: It's really the style that I love to sing. It really is. It's a style that I love period, listening to it, singing it. I think a lot of people will think that it's pretty interesting. So we'll see.

J.D.: So what about this winter show that I keep hearing about?

Will: Yeah! Hey, the winter show is great. We're getting like drum lines and all this type of stuff. It's gonna be great. It's called Winter Fantasies, and you can go to www.winterfantasies.com (it's not fantasy, it's fantasies) and you can get tickets for $25 online and $30 at the door, and it's at Montgomery College in The Woodlands, TX. It's gonna be a hoppin' show. It's a show for the family and everything. It's something that The Woodlands community is trying to make as a whole new thing for the whole Woodlands. So it's good, and it's also for charity. It's a charity of my choice, and everything like that, so we're lookin' forward to it!

J.D.: So, looking into the future here, we're looking for great things from you. I can't wait. You have to make sure to let me know when that album comes out so I can premiere it on Idol Waves.

Will: Definitely, man! I will definitely get you some songs, for sure.

J.D.: We've been paying "Texas Angel" a little bit. I actually like that song.

Will: Oh yeah? It's a great song, and a lot of people are really loving it. My brother-in-law was the guy who wrote that song, and he sings in it. It's really nice to have another musician in the family.

J.D.: It's great talking to you again, and thanks a lot.

Will: Thank you so much for everything, JD.

Happy to do it for a friend! By the way, after talking to Will for the Idol Waves spot, he clued me in that he was recording on the same label that just released Ayla Brown's CD, so we're definitely in for something good!

You guys can listen to Will and I talk on the Idol Waves show, which airs WEDNESDAY this week instead of Tuesday. Also on the show, Jaclyn Crum from American Idol 4, and many many other great things!

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, awesome interview! Will rocks. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home