Monday, November 27, 2006

Hungry for some American Idol 6 Spoilers?

If the answer is yes, then you might want to listen to Idol Waves Top 20 Countdown today. With the help of M.J. and Idol Maniac, I'll be playing you songs that were recorded by American Idol 6 contestants. As many of you know, the Hollywood auditions for the next season are now over, and the spies there have brought back word.

This according to M.J.:

* The contestants arrived Monday November 13.
* The girls sang acapella on Tuesday November 14th while the boys toured.
* There were 117 girls. They cut so many the first day, that they had to wake up 10 girls in the middle of the night to ask them to come back.
* There were only 56 guys.
* The guys sang acapella on Wednesday, November 15th.
* Group day was Thursday November 16th.
* On Friday November 17th, the remaining contestants--approximately 31 girls and 25 guys--sang solo with piano and 3 background vocals. They were split up into rooms that night.
* On Saturday November 18th and Sunday November 19th, contestants were interviewed, etc.
* Contestants were sent home on Sunday November 19th and Monday November 20th once the interview process was completed.

If you wanna get a head start on hearing who's talented, check out the show. I really enjoyed hearing them sing, and so will you. Again, it's on Idol Waves Radio at at 3 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Central Standard Time each Tuesday. The show will be archived and podcast for a week or so after that on my Myspace profile (which is currently autoplaying last week's show.)

Don't wait till January. Tune in and get the early scoop on Idol talent.

Also on this week's show:

Ace Young's new single, "Scattered," makes its chart debut. (I highly recommend purchasing this track from iTunes, by the way. Sales of this single will determine whether Ace can shop a new album or not, so Highrollers, y'all get to steppin'.)

Elliott Yamin and Big Planz debut on the chart with "The Storm."

It's a race between Anthony Fedorov and Daughtry as to who will be the highest chart climber!

And a special tribute to American Music Award winners Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

12 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I searched for typos, but damn... nary a one.

But, you know you still love me. (in that nice non-weird blogger way)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

Bwahahaha :) Yes, of course I do :)

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony or Chris??

Anthony for me please!!

Hey, can I request him here, too??

:)

Sounds like a great show...gotta listen soon.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO ANTHONY! KEEP CLIMBING!!!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD, how do you know sales of Ace's single determines if he can "shop an album"? Is that just your own speculation?

And anyway, I thought people "shop" demos, not albums.

I enjoy your blog - thanks for the updates!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Well generally what people "shop" with is an EP, which is usually four or five songs long. My point was this: if the first single sells crappy and/or doesn't get the airplay it's going for, that's not gonna look good to a prospective label. You knew what I mean.

This is one thing I don't understand about fan groups. They think everything is an attack.

The truth of it is that Ace still has a tough row to hoe before he gets where he wants to be. Anyone will tell you that. And this first single is going to be a huge indicator of what he can or can't do in the eyes of the music industry. If you want him to succeed, as I do, I suggest purchasing the tune from iTunes, as I have.

And no, it's not just my speculation. Check out his website and he basically says the same.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Anthony please!
And can you interview him soon too?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Patience :) It's being worked on.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jd, I wasn't attacking. Sorry if it came across that way...I was just looking for clarification.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

It's ok. I've been sick...probably delirious. Forgive me.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgiven.

And yes I have bought his single from iTunes! :) I don't know the latest sales numbers, but I do know he's been getting some airplay on the Hot AC chart. He's been playing different radio station concerts (like Jingle Ball-type things) and the stations holding the events have been pretty good about adding "Scattered" to their playlists.

Hope you can score an interview with him! You can probably get in touch with him through his MySpace. :) He has a lot going on to talk about...promoting his single, and his charity. Plus he co-wrote Daughtry's It's Not Over!

Feel better!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you stop playing "Culpame" by Anthony Fedorov ? Last time it was played was yesterday morning.

Mood: sad :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home