Monday, July 31, 2006

A NOTE FROM MIKALAH GORDON

Fans of American Idol 4 may remember Mikalah Gordon, the saucy 16 year old who was loved by some and hated by others. Her caustic yet bubbly personality won over Simon Cowell but distanced her from others. In the end, Meek, as she is known to her friends and fans, didn't survive all the way to the finale.

Recently, Meek's been reaching out to her friends and Idol contacts to try to help dispel a nasty rumor about her that has been circling the web. So, being the clearing-house of American Idol info that I am, I'm passing this on to you guys.

Apparently the rumors going around put Mikalah in a bad light sexually, indicating that she's slept with a lot of guys and is "a slut." It might seem like no big deal to us, as these rumors fly about celebrities and people in the public eye all the time, but according to Mikalah, things have gotten way out of hand, particularly in the Las Vegas circles. It has spread so much so that her own boyfriend had to call her in the middle of an important recording session to speak with her about it.

In her most recent statement on her Myspace site, she clears up the misconception about her sexuality by reaffirming that she is indeed a virgin. (Yes, that's right. They still exist out there. And it ain't a bad thing.) "Mikalah has values that she has vowed to keep until she is ready," a representative for Mikalah said. "She lets each person she enters a relationship know about this up-front."

For those who are involved in spreading these rumors, shame on you. Get a life and find something better to do. Also, be warned, as the Gordons appear to have contacted a lawyer and are looking into the possibility of pressing charges against the originators of the rumors.

Stay tuned for updates.

UPDATE #1: This just in from Mikalah's mom:
J.D., I don't know you, but I was contacted and saw your website. I am crying as you have Mikalah's back. You see, she is my daughter. My name is Victoria Cavaricci. She really is a good girl, and though we know people are jealous and all that jazz, she is just saddened by the negative response that she has gotten. I do believe she is a virgin. That was a goal that she attained for herself. Not by me. Not by religion. She has always said that was her goal. I just wanted to thank you personally for defending my daughter, and as her mother I too am very upset. She is just a kid trying to attain her dream, and so of course I am proud of her. While i cannot put out all the fires, I do really thank you for your time, faith and energy.

UPDATE #2: From Mikalah:
JD, there are not enough thank you's to give to you! I am so appreciative for your help and concern! You have completely brightened my day! It is most definitely people like you that make me want to continue on! You have a beautiful spirit, and you as well deserve the best things life has to offer! Thank you again so much, and I look forward to speak to you again! All of my love and best wishes. MEEK

UPDATE #3: Visit her website at www.mikalah-gordon.org.

UPDATE #4: Fixed broken link to Meek's Myspace

13 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to press charges against the music company that would actually allow Mikalah to record an album. The girl was cute, but could not sing a lick.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Janie,

Have you got a recording contract? Didn't think so.

But it's good to know you're the kind of person that would kick a sweet girl when she's down.

Meek didn't deserve any of this. I wasn't a big fan of hers back during that season of Idol either, but I wouldn't go so far as to say she couldn't sing a lick. There were times she didn't sound bad at all, and I'm guessing that's why she made top 12. She was just a sixteen year old chasing the dream. Cut her some slack.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikalah has come a LONG way from Idol. She was a 16 year old who was trying to make it on television. She was nervous, went through many traumatizing things such as the loss of 3 family members, and 1/2 the world thinking she was "an annoying fran drescher wannabe."

Her voice was not the best, nor was it the worst. But now she has been working her ass off on her voice and her career and people like you and the jerks spreading rumors are reasons why this world sucks.

Nice job being a being a decent person.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Yeah MEEK! Virginity until marriage (not just "when you're ready")! It works and IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE! Just ask me or my husband of 13+ years :) Here we are 4 kids later with one more on the way and TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER STILL!

I think a lot of our blessings have been God's reward to us for respecting the gift of MARITAL SEXUALITY! ALL GLORY TO HIM who created us & saved us!

Hang in there, kiddo! We all make mistakes and that's why we need a Savior but that same power to save us also gives us the power to combat sin.

Hang in there and if you happen to want/need to talk to an old fuddy-duddy gal like myself, ask JD where you can find me :)

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, once again! I told you on myspace, and I will tell you again, it is so kind of you to do this for Mikalah :) The fact you are willing to do this shows so much about your character and definitely separates you into a whole new kind of fan group :) so much appreciation from me, and also from, i see, miss meek and her beautiful mommy as well!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

JD way to stick up for her.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Spike speaks said...

Hey JD....I'm proud of you for sticking up for what you know to be right! What IS it with websites and jerks lately that they have to put people down in order to make themselves look better! I don't get it. Oh well. Thanks again for being a trusted blog site :-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Tallyflute said...

Some people just don't have anything better to do than to bad mouth other people. It all comes from insecurity and jealousy...

Way to go Meek - and good job J.D.!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


I actually really liked Mikalah.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger :) said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to be under such scrutiny. Its bad enough to deal with crap like this when its in your own little social circle, let alone in the media. Good for Meek for standing her ground!!! From day one I thought she had a huge career ahead of her, covering the red carpet events. What a personality!! Hang in there, MG!!! And JD - good for you!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

What a beautiful girl. I haven't heard her sing, but I hope she gets where she wants to go.

& good for her family for contacting a lawyer... there is so much pain and true evil in the world... why should we sit by and let someone create more havoc?!

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It creeps me out that we're discussing the virginity of a girl that young. Yikes. I have a daughter just five years younger. I understand her family wants to get it out there, but really it's just too much information for me.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

She's 18. She was 16 at the time she was on American Idol. I don't find it all that odd that issues come up at either of those ages, and I imagine they'll definitely be in your daughter's mind at that age...better be ready for it!

I just think that people need to stay off Mikalah's case, and definitely not spread lies about her. She's a sweetheart.

And if her decision to remain a virgin gives courage to other young girls like your daughter to do the same, then more power to her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home