Friday, May 26, 2006

KELLIE PICKLER RESPONDS!!

Any of you who have been following Musical Ramblings for a while know that I very rarely had any nice things to say about Kellie Pickler.

However, over the last few weeks, Kellie has made several appearances, and I have changed my overall outlook on her. I honestly felt pain behind her voice when she told Wolfgang Puck that people had been making fun of her, and there was something oddly pitiful about her when she put on the glasses and asked "do they make me look smart?"

I am being completely honest here when I say that my heart began to feel twinges of guilt that escalated into full-scale remorse. After all, Kellie is a human being, and a sweet one as it turns out, and she deserved better from me.

With that in mind, I wrote the following e-mail to Kellie:

Hey Kellie,

I just wanted to say to you personally that I was one of those writers who wrote some really awful things about you while you were in the competition. I just wanted to say that I have been feeling badly about it, and I wanted to apologize to you from the bottom of my heart for participating in all the ugliness out there. I don't know how much of it you saw, if any, but I just wanted you to know that I regretted what I said, and I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to you personally.

I've already printed an apology to you in my blog, because I wanted people who had read the ugly comments I made earlier to know that I had a change of heart.

By the way, I thought you were great in Puck N' Pickler. I'm wishing for the best for you. Keep me informed about your career, would ya?

--J.D. Matthews
Musical Ramblings
jdmatthews.blogspot.com


Kellie, in all her sweetness, wrote me back.

J.D.,

Thanks for your apology. In this business you cannot take things too personally. You have to take the good with the bad and I look at life like this: if this is as bad as I've got it, then I've got it good! Yeah it's hard to see ugly things about you, but you let it go in one ear and out the other. God has really taught me to be a forgiving person, so I hold no hard feelings toward you.

I hope you enjoyed the show this year and I hope that you will come to our concert when we come to your city!

Kellie Pickler


Y'all will have to excuse me, as I currently feel about one inch tall. Kellie, you're awesome.

19 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

There's a single tear,
perched on my cheekbone...threatening to fall.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, JD. Bravo.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Aww. :)

Good way to get her attention JD! LOL

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger :) said...

Wow!! You were great to contact her, and I think a lot of what she said back to you. You shouldn't feel crummy, you did the right thing. What more could you do? Good for you, JD! And you're making me like Kellie more as well. I think you were spot on when you said something about her being in comedy - that may be a great fit for her. :) Hi Kellie, if you're reading! I owe you an apology too. (((hug)))

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Tori said...

JD - you rock for writing the Twelve step style apology letter. I am in awe.
I love that she replied too.
She is a sweet soul I think. It must be very hard to suddenly be thrown into the spotlight.... only the very grounded stay unaffected.
Anyway - great post my cyber friend...

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Tori said...

Or should I call you...
Princess Leatherwhip...
Let me know what you prefer....

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

I'm sorry Hannah Banana. :P~~~

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great character J.D.!! Hugs & Kisses!

Roxie Mae :-)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lian said...

wow JD! simply awesome. and i do believe i'm rooting for kellie even more! ^_^

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if l said not good things about her and l send an apology to her, will l get het reply ? lol
I'm so in love with her

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger steph said...

Thank you for coming to the other side. Glad you're with all us die-hard Kellie Beans.. :)

That's REALLY sweet of you to do! And of Kellie to respond. Gotta love that girl!!! God love her, she's just so precious, and such a doll!

But I was wondering.. did you write a letter to send to her? Or did you email or what? How did you get in touch. That's awesome!

Thanks!
<33
~Steph

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really nice of you to do that for kellie. what address did you email her at/how did you get it? i was going to mail her a birthday card, but emailing might be alot easier.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making my day. I am one of Kellie's number one fan. She deserves only the very best life has to give.

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commend you for your words to Kellie..That was a Knightful thing to do...Sometimes it is difficult to see the heart of another but to reach out with tenderness and understanding one can not only touch the heart but reach the soul..

MDS

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what adress did you send this to?

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

I appreciate all of you asking, but I cannot give out any personal contact information for Kellie Pickler or anyone else you might see profiled on this blog. If you want to get a message to Kellie, please visit www.myspace.com/onenaughtyminx, and she will receive your messages there. Thanks so much, guys and gals.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Jessica, I removed your comment because I didn't think it would be a very good idea for you to leave your phone number on a blog that is this public. I know you were leaving it in hopes that Kellie would call you, but Kellie's not the only one that reads this blog, and I'd hate for someone to mess with you.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came to the other side! I love Kellie, and things you said about her made me cry sometimes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home