Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Personal Note To The Readers of This Blog

Hi guys, it's me, J.D.,

I know you guys have been missing a lot of the flavor that made Musical Ramblings great over the past few weeks. I feel like I've been slacking on blogging, and I don't mean to. I have been very busy lately, and I feel like I owe you an explanation.

For one thing, I had a lot of down time at my previous job, wherein I could write a lot of blog posts. It was either that or watch King of Queens, and while my love for Kevin James knows no bounds, you can only listen to him tell Leah Remini to go to Shuttyville so many times in one day. At my new job, I have barely any down time, so any writing that I do here is after hours. And when I say "after hours," I also mean "after the better part of my energy has been spent." I've also taken on several different activities outside of my job that demand my time, including some service projects. Fall softball season is also now starting. (I'll probably post pictures of my forth-coming injuries, so stay tuned.) There's been the Idol Waves show, which has been received so well. And to top all that off, I've decided to start getting out and dating again. Yes, actual girls. I'll not bore you with the details.

For another thing, there hasn't been a whole lot happening in the music biz worth writing about.

But I am going to do better for you, because you guys deserve it.

What do you have to look forward to, you ask?

(1.) BotCon 2006. Those of you who are in the know are already excited about it. For those of you who aren't, it's THE Transformers convention. Yes, I know, it's horrendously geekage, but darn it, it's MY geekage. Besides, you guys, OPTIMUS PRIME will be there this year. That's right: legendary voice actor Peter Cullen. And I am beside myself at the prospect of meeting him. Also, they usually have a good musical guest. Plus there will be Transformers stuff. And they'll be sneak-peeking the new release of the 1980's Transformers Movie DVD there. I am thinking about the prospect of finally after all these years getting to see it on a large screen. I tell you, it's almost too much for a fanboy to handle.

(2.) A major Idol Interview. With a winner from one of the five seasons. I'm not telling which. I don't have the green light on it just yet, but I think it will happen. I'm hoping to snag chats with others as well.

(3.) More good stuff. I'll think of exactly what later. Just know that I am going to be redoubling my efforts to bring you good stuff!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me, even though I've slacked on commenting on your blogs and I've posted lightly. You guys rule. I'll be around soon!

Hugs and kisses,
--J.D.

6 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger :) said...

Spiderwebs are growing on my blog as well. Life happens. No worries.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


Dude I love King of Queens too!!!


 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Dude-

Transformers?

It's like you are my little brother and I am sulky 15 year old all over again...

A word of advice - don't take the actual girls to Transformers.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said...

Love, we know you gotta do what you gotta do! We look forward to the new new. (lol @ hannah with the "ew")

Peace and Prosperity!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

I owe Hannah some big-brotherly noogies.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Mikey Corleones said...

Grateful for you writing this blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home