Friday, November 03, 2006

What Happened to the Podcast?

Some of you have been wondering why there hasn't been a podcast on auto-play here in the last few days. There are a couple of reasons why it's not here on the main page.

(1.) People were getting annoyed that music started playing every time they opened the page, and it was distracting them from reading the posts.

(2.) It was annoying the crap out of me at work.

But it's not completely gone. Rather than having the Switchplayer here, I set it up on my Myspace profile. So if you'd like to hear the complete podcast, you can just click on over there.

For those of you who didn't know, my podcast is also the same audio as you hear on my show at Idol Waves. (You ARE listening, aren't you?) So if you miss that show, you can catch up with it there. And from time to time, I just might put in new material, just for you. We'll see how it goes.

On the other hand, if you'd rather download the podcast for your very own to keep forever and ever, you can elect to subscribe to it by entering http://www.switchpod.com/users/jdmatthews/feed.xml into your podcast aggregator. I don't know which is the best program to use, but Google around, and you'll find some programs that will manage podcasts and download them for you.

This is all part of the effort to re-vamp the site and make things even better. Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions!

2 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Lian said...

hey JD! thanks for dropping by my blog. :) awesome review on kellie pickler's new album.. will listen to it soon! hope you had a great halloween. ciao!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger :) said...

Cool! I'm glad you dropped the auto play - I muted every time before I clicked your page because it always startled me if I didn't. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home