Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And the CMA for Female Vocalist of the Year Goes to...

...our very own Carrie Underwood. I was certainly proud to see her do well.

Apparently Faith Hill was a little upset by it all, as you can see in the following video, which I will post here in honor of Carrie:



I doubt any further commentary on Miss Hill is needed. Obviously she thought she had it wrapped up.

Carrie won the Horizon award (breakout artist) and Female Vocalist of the Year. Somehow I knew all this would happen for her very early on in the fourth season of American Idol. Congratulations, Carrie, on your big win, and I look forward to hearing many more great things from you in the years to come!

6 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One beautiful basic vanilla country pop singer getting upset at being beaten by another beautiful basic vanilla country pop singer is just the kind of thing that begs for a country song...or maybe not. It is amusing, though.

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Hill's temper tantrum is priceless! Shhhhh...can you hear it? It's the sound of Faith backpedaling...

Somehow I think that "I didn't think I was on camera" is going to suffice as an appropriate public statement regarding her behavior. It'll be interesting to see how this is spun.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger :) said...

The Faith Hill thing is just too much. I didn't notice it when it aired originally - I was too busy watching Carrie's genuinely shocked excitement! And did you see how fast Federov jumped out of his seat, cheering her on? Good times!! :) (and I was a huge Bo fan that season!!!)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

I may be behind, but I didn't know she and A-Fed were dating. Cute couple, though!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Good to know you're back, Curt. I also was thinking that the A in CMA stood for awards, but apparently it's Country Music Association. Live another day, learn another thing, I guess.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Georgia Writer said...

I thought the Faith Hill thing was a joke...and I still do...I can't imagine her actually throwing a tantrum on national television!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home