Monday, September 04, 2006

The Podcast Is Now in the Can

My first show for Idol Waves has wrapped. You have no idea what I've just been through.

Production is always a wacky thing, no matter what you're doing. If it's a TV show, radio spot, a play...whatever... SOMETHING is going to go wrong. In my case, this time it happened to be that I got through with all of my voice tracking, was editing in the music and sound fx when I realized that halfway through the show, I had said the wrong person's name when announcing a song.

Not that you'll ever know it, should you choose to listen. I went back, cut it all up, patched it back together, and you can't tell that I didn't do it all live. But trust me, there's a reason why Casey Kasem and Rick Dees and all those guys pre-recorded their vocals.

As for the music, it was great, with the minor exception of one song that didn't want to cooperate with my player/editor. That was quickly accounted for though.

And now...now that the show is wrapped and fully produced...the file size is too large to email...oh the agony!

I'll get it up to where you can hear it soon, I promise! The show is 1 hour and 45 minutes, so it's no lightweight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home