Saturday, September 02, 2006

Gedeon McKinney Hosts a Workshop

American Idol semi-finalist Gedeon McKinney has found his way of turning his brief Idol time into cold hard cash.

Today, at Memphis's Doubletree Hotel, Gedeon put on a workshop. I didn't cover this earlier, because frankly I didn't KNOW about it. This is largely due to the fact that I didn't see the flyers posted around town in rather obscure places and I tend not to read our raggedy newspaper. I happened to be getting fuel about 45 minutes out of Memphis when I noticed the toothy grin of a familiar Idol staring at me from one of the convenience store's windows.

Gedeon promised coaching on vocals, stage presence, and public speaking.

So while I did not get to attend it, I'm sure it was eventful and stuff. At 17, the young singer can be a bit precocious, and it's never been a secret that he has complete confidence in himself, as evidenced by the fact that he's the sole lecturer at a vocal workshop. It's further evidenced by the fee for this workshop: a whopping $75 for a three hour group session.

I wouldn't pay that much unless it was for Kelly Clarkson herself, but hey, if the man can make money, let a playa play, I say.

Having met Gedeon earlier this year, I will say this: if the man put on a clinic about how to dress impeccably, I'd be there. Ditto if he taught a class on how to get a hot girlfriend.

--

On a side note, I'm still waiting for somebody to let me tag along to the Memphis auditions. Not looking good so far. Hopefully there will be some way for me to get in on this!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I think you should just show up at the auditions... surely someone will be thrilled to be profiled!

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Gedeon, to have that much self esteem at his young age is wonderful. If I am not mistaken, I think he lost his Dad right before the show, didn't he? How terrible to lose a dad at his young age.

Anyway, I was just going to say the same thing as Kristin said, "J.D. just go to the auditions and ask around until someone knows who you are and that you are legit". It won't be hard to find someone to tag along with, my only hope is that you find one that doesn't get eliminated in the first 5 minutes or the blog will be pretty short!!!

I have written comments twice under "Anonymous" because I am doing something wrong when I try to register. I have registered and when I punch the blogger hole and put in my name and password, blah blah, it won't let me go any further.

Story of my life, I am beginning to think I don't exist. Maybe I should have taken Gedeon's workshop. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home