Friday, March 10, 2006

WHY I DON'T LIKE KELLIE PICKLER

I've been asked over and over again why I have such distaste for American Idol's Kellie Pickler, so I thought I'd give a few reasons. This is not a complete list, but it's enough. I stress this is not my original work, and credit is given to those who have done the research.

This from TMZ:

Kellie Pickler, who performed Tuesday, started out very nice, but the lowdown is that she's getting downright arrogant. Pickler told the chef, "You're lucky to be cooking for me." In fact, Pickler is so taken with herself that she belts out tunes in the hotel elevator.

The following is taken from Vote for the Worst:

KELLIE'S LIE #1: "I've barely sung in front of people before."

This is completely false and, frankly, we are surprised nobody has called her on this one yet. Kellie has, indeed, sung in front of people and is no stranger to the stage. She won a county beauty pageant when she was 17 and subsequently competed to become Miss North Carolina. Oh, and her talent at both pageants? It wasn't baton twirling. Do 'Broken Wing' and 'Independence Day' sound familiar to you? That's not all. Just last year, Kellie competed in a North Carolina version of American Idol called Gimme the Mike! She won 2nd place after singing a bum note (Kellie, sing a bum note? Never!) and had plenty of television exposure on this show as well.

Those are just two examples, and her former friend assures us that Kellie has had plenty of singing experience. He tells us:

"Her little 'I am nervous' bit just shows her attempt to cover up her mistakes while singing. Out of the many times I have seen her perform at the local Karaoke bar, she has never been nervous and loves the fact that all eyes are on her. [...] Ever notice that in each interview her experience gets less and less? Started out she had hardly sang in front of people, then it was 'I only sang in the shower before this'."


KELLIE'S LIE #2: "I am incredibly naive."

According to our source, Kellie is anything but naive. If it isn't incredibly obvious all ready that Kellie is most likely lying and using fake stories like a pro, there's even more in her past that isn't too peachy. Our source tells us:

"At the time I met Kellie she was dating a friend of mine which had protested her use of drugs and alcohol while they were dating which was reason enough for her to stop. I guess he is a big reason why she is where she is today for the fact that she would probably not have gotten far at all in life had she not met him and gave up the drugs."

Drugs? Kellie Pickler? But she doesn't even know what calamari is! Oh, it gets better. Her former friend goes on to also say that she lied to her grandfather and started staying over at this friend's house - against her grandfather's rules. Really, though, what high schooler doesn't lie to their parents? So, Kellie was just being a typical teen, but soon she apparently turned on her friend. He said that Kellie was staying at his house to hide out from a mutual friend that she had been dating. When he figured this out and confronted her, she started to ignore him and told all of her friends that he was stalking her at her work. Kellie also apparently repeatedly tried to squeeze $2,000 from our source while they were still on good terms so that she could make demo CD to "make it big". Sounds like she knew exactly what she was doing.

KELLIE'S LIE #3: "I'm just so gosh darn likeable."

Many people love Kellie because she's so likeable. We've been told by many people, though, that Kellie is no peach in real life. First, TMZ.com has reported that Kellie is becoming fairly arrogant in Hollywood, telling the chef that he's lucky be cooking for her. Well, isn't that nice? Our source also tells us that Kellie quit her cheerleading squad when she didn't make captain. Hello? Hissy fit, anyone? Oh, and she wanted to drop out of school too, but he managed to talk her out of that.

He also tells us that Kellie dumped her most recent boyfriend just after she got her golden ticket to Hollywood:

"He gets the axe when she gets her golden ticket just so she can tell the 'I don't have much of a love life' story. I do not know about you guys but having a relationship for four years in a row is a pretty good love life even if it was with 2 different people."

We're no Paula Abdul, but that makes Kellie sound cold and calculating, not likeable. What do we know, though; we don't sleep with the contestants!

KELLIE'S LIE #4: "I should be the American Idol because I deserve it."

Kellie's former friend stresses that Kellie has not had the hard life that she claims to have had. He continues:

"She has not had it that bad. Shopping every week at the nice malls in Charlotte, driving a new Honda Accord at 16, and having her nails done every week does not describe a girl working to make ends meet at the local Sonic for maybe 10 to 20 hours a week tops. You shouldn't claim how bad you have when you are actually have it better than most."

So if Kellie truly hasn't worked that hard, and her life truly isn't that bad, isn't it a bit presumptuous to say that you deserve something that everyone else is working for as well? Brenna Gethers lost two fathers in her life, and Idol did not play up this story one bit. Neither did Brenna. But Kellie goes out of her way to remind the audience that she "deserves" our votes. In the end, our source says:

"I hate the fact the she will do anything in her power to get what she wants by lying, cheating, and playing with peoples emotions only to leave them hanging in the long run."

Now I'm sure this guy never would have written to us if Kellie had actually been the sweet, naive girl she portrays herself as on television. Okay, maybe he would have...but it would have been another one of those "UR SO MEAN 2 MAKE FUN UV KELLIE!!!!!" letters. If you don't believe a word he says, that's okay, but some of this cannot be disputed. Kellie has lied about her singing experience, an independent article also called her out on her bitchiness in LA, and she is definitely laying it on thick for the viewers.

All of this leads us to one conclusion: Kellie Pickler's true self will have to eventually come out, either on the show or in real life. So keep voting for Pickler, because Idol deserves this fake girl if they continue to pimp her made up stories even after obviously doing background checks on her. Oh Kellie, did you think we wouldn't find out? Maybe she doesn't deserve half the credit we're giving her after all.

I could go on and on about her lack of talent, but seriously, isn't this enough?

33 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, man. You hadn't read any of that stuff when you started disliking Pickler. The reasons people don't like her is that:

1) She has a mediocre singing voice (sometimes it's downright horrible)
2) She's using a country bumpkin shtick to advance extremely far in a competition she has no business being in
3) American Idol is pimping her and her story way beyond what the others are getting

The first reason is plenty of reason to dislike her. But the second reason is less about Pickler than about the person watching her.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and the third reason isn't her fault at all. Blame that on the producers.

I personally find her funny. I think she is playing the bumpkin card a little too much but she's smart enough to know that it's working for her.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Michael said...

JD. Im gonna steal your comments and of course make reference and give you credit, and make reference in a post Im gonna do.

I do agree with the comments made by Scott, a lot of the image of Kelli Pickler we are fed is from the producers feeding us an angle, that is working for her. And if I had my guess Kelli Pickler will be one of the first three to be eliminated.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Is that her baby?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

I hadn't read any of that when I started disliking Kellie, but it just confirms what I had thought all along. The bumpkin-ness was always obviously a put-on, and the voice was always just marginal, and I always thought she was ripping off Carrie.

Truthfully, if I knew this behavior to be coming from someone like Katharine, I wouldn't find it as offensive, because at least she's not trying to play the innocent one. It's just the fakeness being used to mask a sub-par talent that gets all up on my nerves.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what is wrong with you?? Kellie Pickler is one of the best singers this year. How can you say all this stuff about her when you don't personally know her?

-Bethany

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

I didn't say all this stuff. Someone who knows her personally said all this stuff.

And she is so not the best singer this year. You need to get your ears checked

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Michael said...

JD.

Oh the joy of having a blog. It's nice that people read it, but when they disagree with you using lame-ass comments it's really funny.

Hey JD would I offend you if I told you I like Kelli and the only reason is I wanna 'boink' her. Oh WOW the truth is so liberating. We will perhaps always disagree about Kelli, but since I won and she is in the final 12, depending on what a voice coach can do to her style and ability will determine how long we will have to put up with her. Hell if anyone could use the country bumpkin routine it ought to be Bucky. Bucky isnt country, Bucky is Hick (to the max). I love your responses about Kelli 99% of them like the ones I get are from females who assume that we dont know what we are talking
about.

THe problem is no matter who goes first or last from here on out we will be stuck with them for the duration of Season 5.

Hey this means Kelli Picker will get a CD made of her singing and it will im sure get air play in all the little honky-tonks across America. Season 5 American Idol CD with tracks by Bucky, Kelli, Kevin and Melissa, I have got to rush out an get that when it is released.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, my ears are perfectly fine. Don't believe everything you read. More than likely the person who knows Kellie could be lying.

-Bethany

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

No, your ears are not fine, because you obviously have a problem discerning between a good singer and a nasal, often-off-pitch singer, who covers her flaws with theatrics and tries to sell herself as a good-ol-girl from down home.

Besides, how would you know if it's made up? Do you know the person that said it?

You shouldn't believe everything you see on TV, especially if it's coming out of Kellie's mouth or the mouth of a producer who wants money money money.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.D. I am not here to disagree with your post. But I find it quite ironic you talk about "how do you know its not true?" when that same question could be re-worded for you. How do you know this person REALLY knows her? You don't.. simply put.

Regardless if she lied about her experience or that she has been on T.V. or anything before. Perhaps in her mind a small pagent in NC is nothing compared to a world-wide audience. I live in Wyoming and have spoken in front of 300 people before at competitions (not singing) and I would probably say the same thing about my lack of experience in front of audiences. There is something different from a few hundred.. to a few million. But of course.. continue your dislike of her, as her fans really don't care.

Oh btw.. I know Kellie.. haha.. well you can't prove otherwise :)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

This is true, however, what was said makes sense about her.

I'm sure all her fans are willing to turn a blind eye, the same way Michael Jackson fans are willing to forgive a little child molesting here or there.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the stuff you posted above sounds seriously like some jealous friend or rejected guy to me just trying in there own pathetic way to get back at a high school enemy or ex friend or ex boyfriend. Now, Kellie mayh be lying about some things but we all lie every day. And as that one Anonymous said " small pagent in NC is nothing compared to a world-wide audience" I agree.

I mean really step into her shoes and OF COURSE someone is going to be nervous in front of millions of people compared to a Karaoke Bar! In a karaoke Bar nobody is expected to be that good. Just as Simon always says about bad performances in his Analogies, he compares them to Karaoke Bar performances! So I mean she may not be an angel, but who is?

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w/ everything the person above me has said. Thank you for saying that.

Heres what I've to say:

I don't know that person and neither do you..

Kellies fans don't give a crap what you have to say. So lay off. And stop accusing me of having bad ears..

-Bethany

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

Bethany, your ears suck.

It's amusing to me that Kellie fans are willing to overlook any evidence and believe the illusion that Kellie (and the Idol producers) want you to believe. It just reinforces P.T. Barnum's theory of a sucker being born every day.

Who knows, maybe it is a jilted lover, but most lies are still 75 percent truth, and that still doesn't explain her snotty behavior to her chef and her hotel staff.

Stupid Pickler fans...

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you cannot just judge someone with out letting them explain themselves. She may have been joking with the chef, she may have had a dumb blonde moment you never know. Also I would liek to say, yes maybe she is playing the dingbat card, but this is a competition. everyone is playing a car, everyone wants to get votes. This is a show where America votes, so of course she is goign to try to get votes.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like*
card*
going*

Sorry for my typos!

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it highly ridiculous that you call your very circumstantial and one sided "proof" very accurate. I am sorry but having a degree in criminal justice.. your proof is very slim and not all that convincing. It is convincing of a person striving to find a reason to hate her, but yet its very one-sided. It's fine that you don't like her, and you really don't even need a reason but don't rely on information that are very he-said she-said with no real validity. Who cares if you have a reason to like her or not.. but you should care if you make yourself look like an ass.. which you have :) Congrats.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

I find it even more hilarious that a person with a criminal justice degree (from whichever community college) is willing to buy her story hook line and sinker based on just her word.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a funny one zoor! Because many people type with "good grammar" when online. If that was the case "lol" "lmfao" "brb" and other such lingo would not exist. If I felt it necessary to write as I do to the attorney's and judges I deal with.. then perhaps I would. Yet you see.. I don't give a rats ass about how my "grammar" is when I am writing to people I don't know.

J.D. I didn't say I believed her story hook line or sinker. I am just stating you seem to believe everything you read, but nonetheless are only basing your opinions on one side. BTW (sorry Zoor for my lack of proper writing skills) most community colleges do not award a bachelors degree in criminal justice, as many times they only award associate degrees. If you would like to debate.. feel free to contact me via sweetdarlin16@aol.com but I check that e-mail about once a year. :0) Have a great day.

Oh.. and I am voting for Paris to win and not Kellie anyways.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

There's never any excuse for bad grammar. It's like the equivalent of putting on dirty clothes when you go out to the mall. It just makes you look bad and distracts from your point.

In any case, no need for an email debate. We've accomplished that here. And I needn't challenge your obvious wealth of education, since your email address pretty much does it for me :)

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only response I have to your witty comments about my email is that it is about 7 years old, I check it very rarely, and of course I didn't give you one I use frequently!

Guess I wear dirty clothes, because I don't give a shit what my typin is like online. I am however glad you care!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, that was interesting. I'm constantly amazed that the anonymous commenters are the most adamant about their crazy opinions. Oh, and I'm so glad that you noticed that email address - this girl is a mess.

And no matter what she tries to tell us, her ears suck.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger PezKat said...

Um, back to Kellie? Thanks for trying to alert a few more people that what the producers present isn't necessarily the (whole) truth. None of the other hard luck stories get mentioned, and there are/were several. (I haven't read through your whole blog yet, but if you haven't heard them, I have a post about it here: http://pezkat.blogspot.com/2006/03/spin-or-boycott-kellie-save-melissa.html)

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the whole backstory thing, there is a contract that is signed with the American Idol company. Some people my not want to brodcast the unstability of there families on National Television where millions of people see it. I went to Kat's site, Melissa and Gedeon may not have wanted there stories on American Idol. That is why it was revealed on a lower level.

I am nopt saying this is what happened, but it is a possibility.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Pickler's voice is nails-on-a-chalkboard awful. Often off-pitch, it's nasal, pinched and virtually featureless with no overtone to give real breadth and texture to the sound. Plus, she's irritating as all git-out, in general. Perhaps worst of all, she is often more off-pitch than others, yet the judges(?!) won't call her on it, but they nitpick everyone else to death for the merest tonal errors - I don't get why they can't hear HER pitch problems. Actually, this has started me believing this whole thing is rigged from the git-go - like if the judges don't point out her pitch errors, then America will be too stupid to notice and will vote for her anyway. Poppycock! If she ends in the top four, I'm never watching this show again. EVER. DONE. Over. Finito.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the person above me, I have to say that the judges hardly ever point out pitch problems andthsi is why.

When you are seeign doemone at a concert and they are onstage it is really hard to here very many pitch problems. However, for us viewers when things go thorugh the sound on our tvs and throught the video camera you can hear a lot of different things.

Simon has noted on thsi before. He says that when he plays back the recordings on the television he hears a lot more mistakes. So, The judges can rave aobut soemone's singing even when they are actualyl off pitch.

However, it can also work the other way around that they hear thigns we don't.

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On another blog someone made the comment, "I love Kellie and I especially love her hair."

Ummmm her hair is really short. The long blond tresses were hair extensions. Duh? The day after American Idol's finale, Kellie was sporting a short, no-style, bad cut, bleached out haystack.

It was quite obvious to me (being of southern origin) that Kellie was a total put-on with that fake accent.

Before anyone starts screaming...think back to one of the shows (I can't remember which one but it was near the end)

Kellie was talking to Ryan and "forgot" to use her southern accent. Then, it was almost as if she realized what she had done and instantly fell into an hysterical, embarrassing, looooong, southern drawl.

Those from the south can pick out a fake accent with one syllable out of another's mouth.

When the show first started I gave her the benefit of the doubt. But each time she was featured, I felt more and more embarrassed for her as it was blatantly obvious she was a fake through and through.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just lame. Seriously you all need to grow up. She did drugs and alcohol did she? were you there with her partying it up? and you mean she was on another singing show! You have got to be kidding...aspiring singers dont go on singing shows...what was she thinking. Also, about the calamari thing. I didn't know what it is, and still forget. So I guess that means people should dislike me right? You really need to stop playing this high school gossip shit and grow up.

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I know what i have to say will not change anyone's opinions about her but, I just wanna say that I Love Kellie Pickler! She is awesome. She was in my graduating class and we cheered together in High School and though she has many flaws I would never call her fake.

This girl is not perfect by any means and she did in fact roll around in her Honda Accord and she went shopping a lot, yes she won Miss Stanly County, and was in another singing competition which she won 2nd place, but do all these things matter? She really did have it tough growing up. This may sound bad but looking at her life made me feel better about mine.

Kellie does in fact have a strong southern accent and i will admit that at times she does play it up a bit, but honestly EVERYONE in Stanly County talks like that. Albemarle is a very small town, we might have Calamari at the local Blue Bay but NO ONE eats there, especially not teenagers.


Kellie may not be a true blonde but she definitely has a lot of blonde moments. Her comment about the cook being lucky to cook for her, i dont see her saying something like that.

But it really doesnt suprise me that Kellie would have a hate blog on the internet. People have been hating on Kellie for a long time and they will continue to hate on her. She unfortunately makes enemies everywhere. As far as her 'having a hissy fit' over not making captain of the cheerleading squad, thats not exactly why she quit. She quit because like half the girls on the squad the cheerleading COACH talked shit about her behind her back. Kellie really is a sweetheart but she's a Girl Raised In The South she's not gonna put up with bullshit.

I think i may know who this 'former friend' of Kellie Pickler is and if its who i think it is...his opinions about her would be biased. And he needs to get over it...it was almost 4 yrs ago!!!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of you who 24/7 sit behind your computers, typin all this Bull shit, trying to run down a person's singing ability, and you have no actual proof, now correct me if im wrong, she has a record label, you do not, shes makin a ton of money singing, and you arent, she won a singing competition, you prolly never won a competition in your life, shes makin a great living with her singing ablility, and what do you do?, pry work at McDonalds flippin burgers, yet you continue to hide behind your computer and have the audacity to run down a great singer, for the sake of everyone around...GET A LIFE!

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to be a huge fan of Kellie Picklers and she does not deserve all this bullshit. She is a really sweet person, and she is NOT or was NOT on drugs. You probably were when you wrote all this crap. Kellie probably dumped YOU not your friend and you can't stand to live with out her. Don't talk smack about her anymore. There are a lot of pissed off Kellie fans.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger @TheOtherRosie said...

Although, I'm an atheist, I believe in giving everyone a fair shake. First of all, gossiping is the synonym for lying. Repeating what someone else told you about a 3rd party, that's gossip & it's most likely either exaggerated or completely untrue. I know a few celebrities; I don't enjoy most of them. But if you notice my comment says what I say, not what someone else told me about someone other. That's just wrong; even if a singer is the meanest bitch on Earth; it's not our place to judge her. Someone seeing her once or twice, is not an adequate sampling for any poll.

There exists a great deal of remarkable people, places, & events in our world; I'd like to suggest experiencing might be a lot more fun for you than blogging someone's gossip. I wish you well. No offense intended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home