Saturday, February 11, 2006

MUSICAL RAMBLINGS FALLS PREY TO THE MYSPACE BUG

I resisted it as long as I could. Never, I swore, would I belong to the community that is Myspace. After all, it's just another one of those things for the kids right?

What can I say? Jessica Sierra talked me into it. And when a sassy little blonde comes calling, who am I to say no?

That being said, I have to admit that Myspace is a great place to discover music. Almost daily a new unsigned band comes knocking, seeking to be added to my friends list. A lot of them are local. I don't know the entirety of Myspace Music's mechanics, but there seems to be a concerted effort to put bands in touch with people in their region.

And it's not just unsigned music that you can find on Myspace. There are also lots of musicians that have already made it that you can add to your friend list. The only caveat to that is that there also appear to be quite a few impostors pretending to be famous musicians. Either that or there are 100 plus Carrie Underwoods out there. So you have to pick and choose who to believe, but there are plenty of real deals out there.

So, without further ado, here's my current Myspace friend list:

My profile: Musical Ramblings

Signed bands and Other Famous People:
Bo Bice
Bonnaroo Music Festival
Brooke Barrettsmith (A.I. Contestant...Vote for her this year!)
Carson Daly
Clay Aiken
Jessica Sierra
Joy Whitlock
Kelly Clarkson
Mikalah Gordon
Paula Abdul
Stacie Orrico
T-Bone
Todd Agnew

Indie bands:
Benjy Davis Project
Constantine Maroulis
Hastang
Ian Thompson
Line of Fire
Nadia Turner

Unsigned bands that I recommend:
2nd Day Crush
Ashley Melnick
Calls From Home
Dani
Dova Grove
Dutch Pink
From All the Rest
Heather Piccinini
Life By Inches
Mark Dakota
Vysion

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home