Sunday, July 09, 2006


HELP!!

My sister, Tabitha Hope, is getting married this weekend, and I'm trying to put together a playlist of songs for the wedding and reception. And I need your ideas for songs!!

Here's my list of possibles, so far:

  • Alias - More Than Words Can Say

  • Bad Company - Walk Through Fire

  • Beach Boys - Forever

  • Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

  • Celine Dion - To Love You More

  • Cheap Trick - The Flame

  • Chicago - You're the Inspiration

  • Daryl Hall & Dusty Springfield - Wherever Would I Be (Love Theme from While You Were Sleeping)

  • Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes

  • Default - Count On Me

  • Enrique Iglesias & Whitney Houston - Could I Have This Kiss Forever

  • Firehouse - Love of a Lifetime

  • Firehouse - When I Look Into Your Eyes

  • George Michael & Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting

  • Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True

  • Hoobastank - The Reason

  • Huey Lewis & the News - The Power of Love

  • Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes

  • Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong

  • Journey - Faithfully

  • Kelly Clarkson - Anytime

  • Kenny Loggins - Meet Me Halfway

  • KISS - Forever

  • Lifehouse - You & Me

  • Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville - All My Life

  • Mitch Malloy - Our Love Will Never Die

  • Nancy Wilson - All For Love

  • Natasha Bedingfield - These Words (I Love You, I Love You)

  • Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love & Affection

  • Pat Benatar - Invincible

  • Peter Cetera - Glory of Love

  • Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply

  • Sheriff - When I'm With You

  • Slaughter - Gave Me Your Heart

  • Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

  • Steelheart - I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)

  • Survivor - The Search Is Over

  • Switchfoot - Dare You to Move

  • White Lion - Till Death Do Us Part


  • As you can see, it's very non-traditional music, but it's music that she likes a lot.

    Also, I'm thinking of talking them into letting me lead up to the vows with Richard Marx & Donna Lewis - At the Beginning. But I can't think of a song to start up immediately after the "I Do's" and "kiss the bride." Sort of a peppy recessional, I guess. Help me people! I need ideas!

    9 Comments:

    At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm betting she's not a country fan.... Otherwise I'd suggest Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts... I'm sure it's a cover of the song by someone else.... but that's the only version I know... Geoff Moore and the distance have a great wedding song, If You Could See. Not sure if it's something she would like though...

    My own reception mix tape had all kinds of songs on it... alot of the ones you've got, plus alot of country, and even Metalica - Enter Sandman. *S* how weird would that have been to play at my reception? Sadly, we were to busy with getting married, and my dad forgot to put our tape on, so it never got played... :( But I still have it! *S*

    How about some of these:
    I'll be there for you - Rembrandts (the Freinds theme song)
    I turn to you - (only version I have is by Christina Aguilera but I'm sure there are others)
    I Alone - LIVE (not sure, but this from the woman who would have played Enter Sandman! *S*)
    Amazed - Lonestar (country I know)
    Love of my Life - Sammy Kershaw (yes, another country, but this one is *our*-dh & i- song)
    the Taliban song - Toby Keith (just had to throw that in here cuz its funny as hell! if you haven't heard it yet, it's a bonus on one of his CDs)
    Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
    Take My Breath Away -?Theme from Top Gun
    I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston
    Celebration - Kool & the GangI just like this one... prolly a good party song. *S*
    That's the Way - KC & the Sunshine Band See above comment. *S*
    Only wanna be with You - Hootie & the Blow fish

    Not sure how approriate some of them would be.... *S* But there a small sampling of my favs... *S* give you an idea what my wedding mix tape looked like? *S*

     
    At 7:57 AM, Blogger Chris Thilk said...

    If you're going to include a Chicago song don't go with You're the Insp. Pick up XXX and choose "Long Lost Friend."

     
    At 1:20 PM, Blogger Spike speaks said...

    What about Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable"?

     
    At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Breathe - How Can I Fall

     
    At 9:18 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

    Thanks guys. Lorraine, I had totally forgotten about "Bless the Broken Road," and I'm definitely going to use that. Chris, I tried to find "Long Lost Friend" to sample...

    The rest are great suggestions too, and I'm gonna check them all out.

     
    At 11:29 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

    Oh, why is it that everytime I think of a song, upon further investigation of the lyrics it's actually about heart break or unrequited love? Anyway, best I can offer - no guarantee on song content:

    Sting/Police - Brand New Day or Every Little thing she does is magic

    Babyface - Everytime I close my eyes

    Genesis - Hold on my heart

    Seal - Love's Divine

    Sade - By your side

    Richard Marx - Right here waiting

    Stevie Wonder - take your pick

    Lionel Richie - You are

    Congrats to your sister!

     
    At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very very beautiful songs, especially for weddings..

    1. Beautiful (As You) - Jim Brickman feat. All 4 One (Very very beautiful song. Can even consider this for walking down the aisle!)

    2. Through the Years - Kenny Rogers

    3. Just The Way You Are - Barry White's version

    4. The Way You Look Tonight - Michael Buble's version

    5. Everlasting Love - Jamie Cullum

    6. Love of My Life - Michael W. Smith

    7. Beautiful In My Eyes - Joshua Kadison

     
    At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    JD what about

    Beautiful - Bishop Stylze

    I know you have that one that may work..haha

     
    At 10:25 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

    lol, yeah, I forgot about that one Sayre, but that's definitely a good one

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home