Tuesday, August 15, 2006

ROXIE MAE UPDATE

I'm sure you guys remember the lovely young lady that I interviewed last week by the name of Roxie Mae. If you don't remember my conversation with the up and coming singer, then I plead with you to click here and read it first before moving along.

My favorite girl from Indianapolis (sorry Teri and Mojo) has made some changes to her website. For one, she's moving her journal to her Myspace blog. Add her as a friend while you're there. And admire how pretty the profile looks. (I helped her do the layout, but she provided the cutie in the picture.)

And the website is undergoing a makeover in anticipation of her new album, which will be reviewed right here just as soon as I get my grubby hands on a (ahem, autographed) copy. Roxie promised!

Oh yeah, in case you want an autograph, you can enter the monthly drawing on her website. It works the same as the drawing on Candace Cameron Bure's site...one winner per month receives an autographed 8x10. However, after December, Roxie promises that the competition will get even sweeter. She didn't tell me how, but I know the surprises that Roxie has sent me, and trust me, she is very imaginative!

Vintage Love Letters, Roxie's second CD should be dropping around January '07, with pre-orders starting in November. Pre-ordered CD's will be autographed, so bookmark her page so that you'll remember to go there and order it in November. You can do that while you're there ordering Shades of Blue, which is well worth your time, as well as checking for tour dates of shows that Roxie will be performing to promote her new release.

According to Roxie's webmasters, your response last time was tremendous, with traffic to her site almost doubling. So let's support my favorite Indy girl one more time and make her a superstar!

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roxie has a pretty, if a tiny bit generic voice, but after listening to Remember - well, those lyrics sound like every single I Love You So Much Baby Don't Leave Me I Miss You song ever written, from Debbie Gibson ad nauseum. As a writer, I wish songwriters would pay more attention to lyrics. Check out Paul Simon and Springsteen. How about Leonard Cohen who wrote: "Take this longing from my tongue..." Good songwriters are good poets. A writing class would be very helpful, I think.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Well, you have to expect growth from a first release to a second album, and from what I'm hearing, the writing and production will be getting much better on this release.

Obviously, not every artist can come out of the gates with a masterpiece.

In any event, there must be SOMETHING that is causing international audiences to go crazy over her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home