Monday, August 14, 2006

VEGOOSE 2006

No, it's not just me typing nonsense! There's actually a music festival called Vegoose, and it's held (where else?) in Vegas. The event occurs over Halloween weekend.

I'm not actually going to get to go but those of you who live in the area just might want to consider sticking your heads in the door and catching some of these acts.

The line-up, as of today, includes:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Widespread Panic
The Killers
The Mars Volta
The Keller Williams Incident
The Black Crowes
Fiona Apple
The Raconteurs
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley
Medeski Martin & Wood w/ special guest Maceo Parker
The Roots
The Rhythm Devils feat. Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzman, Mike Gordon & Steve Kimock
G. Love & Special Sauce
Jurassic 5
Galactic
Praxis
Yonder Mountain String Band
Gomez
Built To Spill
Guster
Jim James of My Morning Jacket
Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith
Band of Horses
Jamie Lidell
The Zutons


And they promise there will be more additions to come. So far, it's a great line-up, and I hate that I'm missing the show! (I don't, however, hate that I'm not going to pay the price for the tickets, which I will get into later.) There will also be special late night concerts during the days surrounding the show. I'm unclear as to whether or not there's an extra charge for those. I would hope not.

Tickets for two-day passes are already on sale. Visit their website to order tickets, if you're so inclined. Two-day passes are going for $146.50 each (about triple the price of Beale Street Music Fest tickets, unfortunately.) Ticket purchase includes access to both days of the festival as well as parking for one vehicle. There is a limit of 6 tickets per order. Price DOES NOT include facility, service or shipping charges. Which means when you go to Vegas, you are not going to be able to camp out at the concert ground, as they will not even let you park your car there overnight. (So if you're going, get extra cash out of the ATM for your hotel room.) Service charges are $13.55 PER TICKET (Including a $6.00 Facility Fee, sheeeeez) By the time you finish paying for everything, you'll be out about $175 bucks. Oddly enough, there is no option to order online, which is kind of dumb to me. Seriously, it's the 21st century. But I digress... If you're going to order tickets, you can do it through the email address or phone number on their site.

Oh yeah, there's a contest to win tickets to the festival. Go to their Myspace profile, add them as a friend before September 1, 2006, and you automatically get entered into the contest. I did it. What the heck, right, I'm not going to get to go anyway, but if I win, woohoo :)

Those of you who go, have fun. Those of you who don't... we'll do something else.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

probably a lot of fun, but vegas in august sounds like a cruel form of punishment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home