Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sorry for the light posting lately. I've been busier than Nicole Richie at a Heroin Convention.

They're making me earn my vacation at work. Between 16 hour days and planning for this weekend, I've been excreting it and picking it up, so I've barely had time to rest, let alone blog. Fortunately, after Wednesday, things will mellow out, and by Saturday, I'll be hitting the American Idol panel at the Reality TV Convention in Nashville.

I did get a moment to sit and watch Blazing Saddles again. It was funnier this time than it was before. Scary Movie 4, on the other hand, was barely funny at all the first time, and much less so the second go round. I've had more laughs at funerals. And please, for the love of all that is good, do not waste your rental dollars on Date Movie. That movie makes Kevin Federline look like a Rhodes Scholar.

By the way, y'all, Rockstar Supernova starts on July 5. While I'm loathe to start live-blogging another reality music show, what would you guys think about it?

Anyway, before I go pass out...here's some new Tabitha Hope lyrics that she'd like for you guys to sample. I'll have a full blog soon!

Empty-handed I,
Stand with knowing eyes,
There are monsters under my bed,
Trying to swallow up my head.
I scream, "Go away, go away now!"
But everyday they crawl out again,
New meat to feed on,
Fresh from the defeat of yesterday.
They smile because they know I'm falling,
And I can't stand,
Feel so dirty, damned and dirty,
They are my only friends again.
"No way, no way out!"
I scream and shout,
But still I give in.
Don't remember that clean feeling,
Can't concentrate, deliberate on anything,
Till I've done dark things, and they've won,
Then they'll let me go for a little while,
Till it's time to feed again.
When I get too far, too close to free,
The chains tighten and soft voices,
Whisper pain and anger in my ears.
"You'll never be free from these," they say,
"Only we are the drug to calm this shaking,"
"The burning you're feeling from soul to toe."
"Running is so hard. Just lay down and die."
"We are your forever friends,"
"Make no amends,"
"We will hold you."
I cry till my eyes hurt, cursing the day,
Day after day after day,
Screaming, "Can this go away?"
They push me, feet off my bed,
Paralyzed, fear in my head,
Can't move, can't stop it,
But I fight because there's nothing else to do.
Too scared to give up because this room's so dark,
I just want out before I die,
That's all.
Years passed over and over again in my head,
And pass in real life,
And here I am still a slave,
To monsters still laughing at me.
One day, guilt still on my hands,
I look down, seeing the frustration,
That feeds the demons eating me,
Sudden realization of reasons for defeats,
I've had so many times,
And all the anger and pain rush back,
In front of my weary eyes,
For once I don't even care,
What happened back there,
I just need to go forward and get release,
As I stand up on my bed,
And steady for the leap,
They grab my heel and scream,
"Remember me!"
But I'm too tired to stay behind and listen anymore,
So I leap into hands and a future that finally,
Let me sleep in peace.

6 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the first RockStar. Marty, Mig, Jordis, and J.D. were awesome. I'd looooove it if you did some pieces on the show. I really enjoyed your work on the AI, I think you'd be even more fun to read on RockStar.

dooooo eeeet!!!!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Chris Thilk said...

"I've been busier than Nicole Richie at a Heroin Convention."

That's awesome.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger PezKat said...

Hmm, if you do RockStar recaps will that make me feel like I don't have to, because I know that someone is (I can direct a few curious friends here), or will it make me want to do it all the more? ;-) Guess I'll decide in July!

Loved the So You Think You Can Dance? premiere last week, it's very refreshing compared to early Idol auditions!!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Tallyflute said...

As a ballroom dancer, I couldn't stand watching "So you think you can dance" last season. Is it any better this year?

Also, what about Simon's other talent show coming up this summer? Has anyone heard anything about it?

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Totally LOVED the 1st Rockstar! Your take on it would be good reading. BTW: I picked JD from the start as the winner... let's see if I can do it again?

Maybe you should have a contest!

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to know I'm not the only one getting creamed at work. As always, your posts and your content rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home