Sunday, March 26, 2006


MUSICAL RAMBLINGS 100TH POST!

(with a photo of me on the beach in Florida for no particular reason)

It's hard to believe it, but this is my 100th post to Musical Ramblings. It's been a fun ride, and I hope to post hundreds more. It's been so much fun interacting with all of you, and I'll mention some of you (if only to boost your Technorati ratings!)

I can always count on Michael to come up with something interesting I haven't seen before (and probably shouldn't see again!). I've enjoyed sharing musical insights, including an almost psychotic obsession with the Nettwerk label with Mack over at BMA. Curt has always been good for a political debate. Kristin, what would I do without your insane adventures that make me laugh, punctuated by photos of the adorable Eva Jun? Hannah, you may be young, but you're wise beyond your years (or is that your ears? Heehee!) Mike, we may disagree on some pretty big issues, and you may be nuts for endorsing Pickler, but we're still having a blast with the A.I. thing this year, eh? Kat, keep on filling that not-so-empty blog, k? Julie, you've inspired me throughout the years with your skill, and you continue to do so. Dancewriter, I want to know more about the India trip, so keep posting! Texas Biscuit, don't ever let go of those Wonder Woman underoos.

I'd like to thank all of you guys out there who read here regularly and don't post. I know there are lots of you, and I appreciate each and every one of you. Musical Ramblings gets about 1000 to 1500 visitors per week, and all this goes out to you guys with every ounce of appreciation that I have.

To the musicians who have spoken with me, emailed me, and given me feedback, I tip my hat to you, and this blog is in your debt. I'd like to especially thank Ashley Melnick for her kind words recently. Also, big shout outs to Brooke Barrettsmith and her band Goodbye, Everlife, Hastang, Jessica Sierra, Line of Fire, T-Bone, Tabitha Hope, and Roxie Mae.

A special thanks at this time to the American Idols from this season who are out there, in particular Katrina Yaukey, Seth Strickland, Rhonetta Johnson, Justin Sticht, Kevin Mitchell, April Walsh, Brooke Barrettsmith, and Gedeon McKinney who have made this blog a lot of fun to write. Talking to y'all has been a trip, and I'm still proudly a fan of all of you, even if you looked goofy on screen.

8 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Georgia Writer said...

Good job J.D. I know you wondered what to write about for the 100th post, and I think you made a good choice--nice shout out to your fans :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Tallyflute said...

Hey J.D. - thanks for the shout out. Just so you know, I am also a musician myself. Check out the website for our local musical social club at http://www.geocities.com/tallyflute/plm.html.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

What a nice surprise... thanks for the compliments!!

Looking forward to the next 100... and more personal updates perhaps? You and the lovely Emma? Photos maybe??

Look, I have been married for 11 years... I like a little vicarious new romance!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

Congrats bud, thats makes MR like 10 years old in people years ;)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Michael said...

JD
Yes J.D. it has been a very fun ride. Just to touch on the things we may disagree on, isn't that the purpose and blessing of having a blog, it you can form an opinion (right or wrong), take an idea and make it your own, because it is your 'soapbox' for doing so.

Concerning this wonderful ride called American Idol and blogging every week about it, it has been my blessing and I mean that, it has been a blessing going head to head with you sometimes. It's been fun for me to join the Kellie Pickler fan club, knowing full well as a fellow blogger you were an anti-pickler. It was like the Democrats and Republicians. And remember even on the things you think we disagree on outside of AI, may not be the case, as I just may be taking a position identifying the possibilities and the reasons that might be raised. Remember back in your college days when in class you were given the job of taking a certain view just to argue your points.

You know I am glad/and thankful in a number of ways that you chose too include mention of me in this 100th post, I feel like everyone else, I feel Honored. Thank You.

IT has been fun and I expect that it will continue to be fun, as the weeks come and the eliminations go on Idol.

You better pay this new relationship all the attention and devotion it needs and deserves.

It is my sincere desire that this
relationship is the ONE.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Excuse the faux pas, I meant, "Emily", not "Emma"!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Michael said...

J.D.

Like I said thanks for the mention
on your post. Hey since you got all sentimental with your 100th post, sice im nearing 1000 doe that mean I have to come to Memphis, buy you dinner and go Idol Watching?

Blessings and Happiness My Friend.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, man. It seems you've had a heck of a ride so far, and I can't wait to see where the future goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home