Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm sitting in the waiting room of the surgical ward of our local hospital, waiting for a friend to come out of back surgery. Not much humorous about that, but I'm quite grateful for the fact that the hospital saw fit to install a wireless network so that I'm able to write to keep my mind occupied, rather than having to read the mindless magazines that the gift shop keeps on hand or the dusty old books that are piled up in the corner. I've come to realize that there's a reason why people donate these old books: they're either no good or they're so widely read that everybody in the world has already read them and therefore there's no reason to retain them in one's personal collection.

I was speaking to a friend last night who I hadn't spoken to since last season of American Idol. She asked me what had happened, and I told her basically what I said in the last post here, and told her I thought it was strange that a whole season had passed, and I still had no idea who David Cook or David Archuleta are. The only exception is that I happened to hear David Cook's single on the internet the other day. I assume it's the winner's song, because it's about as cheesy as the rest of them were, only from the one time I listened to it, I can only say that I felt it was wholly unremarkable but his voice at least sounded decent.

You'd be amazed what I've found to do with Tuesday and Wednesday nights, though. Priscilla and I have found time to do some traveling, shopping, visiting, and most recently start raising a puppy and kitten.

And the world has gone on.

But don't think I've forgotten about my promise to come back to writing. I'm still working on ideas to re-launch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home