Sunday, June 11, 2006

IN DEFENSE OF JESSICA SIERRA

If we can all settle down for a moment...

I haven't had much of a moment to post, since I've been responding to all the posts on various forums that have been quoting (and often MIS-quoting) various things that Jessica Sierra said in the panel discussion. I have been on so many forums trying to defend and help sort out what Jessica said, that I'm literally exhausted! There have been discussions on TWOP, Vote for the Worst, Gray Charles, Carriefans, Katharinefans, AceYoung.net, any number of Constantine websites, and so many others. And most of it has ranged from goofiness to outright malicious ridiculousness.

I was just about to write a post in defense of Jessica and how many of you out there have been mis-representing her and unfairly accusing her of certain things (ahem, Carriefans???), but before I could get down to it, lo and behold Jessica posted a comment on my last post and on her Myspace bulletins that say it just as well or better than I ever would have. Here's what she wrote:

Hello everyone !!!! My name is Jessica Sierra you probably know me me since ur all talking about me. I want to clarify some things; I first want to say that I have no problem with Carrie and support her album and I own it, I also want to clear up any misconceptions that were taken from the interview. I simply stated that it will be interesting to see how well her career goes, just like everyone else who has won American Idol. I'm far from jealous of anybody that has been on American Idol and support all of their careers, personal opinions aside.

Love,
Jessica


I hope this will put all the Carrie vs. Jessica or whoever vs. Jessica conflict to rest. I'm almost sorry I posted the transcript of the panel discussion, because I never meant for it to cause this much disruption, but I thought there was good information in there.

Tomorrow night, more on the concert, as we get back to having fun!

--J.D.

9 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

JD... I am reading, but since I haven't followed AI until this lateset season, I am out of touch...

Good writing, though, as always!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Michael said...

JD.

I hate this moment right now, this is one of those forgetable moments when using BLOGGER thatyou spend quite a bit of time writing/posting a comment just to have blogger HANGUP or DROP your post much I suppose like those dreaded droped cell phone calls.

My wonderful post and dig on you is gone, so like all fellow bloggers with discontent on their mind I was try and re-created that mindset, I had when I first started to leave a comment.

So it seems your coming to the defense of yet another post Idol Babe. Here is a guy who drools at the opportunity to get his picture made with all these musical babes, you know you would think that if he knew he was going to try and get his picture made he would dress more apporiately, at least in more than a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. HOw many pictures does this make for you now JD, with theses to dye for good looking hot babes. I mean I admire your luck, or the colonge you choose, cause you are one luck guy. I just wonder what your current GF thinks, do you just tell her, HOney its all business? I mean your eyes tell the whole story in these pictures , you know your drooling inside your mind. I cant wait till I see a picture of you, cheek to cheek with Kellie Pickler, after all the nice and wonderful things you said about her during this past season's American Idol.

Those of you wondering where his hostile attitude is coming from have only to know about the message JD left on my Blog sometime this weekend. It wasnt a Hi how your doing message, it was a self-promoting message of come ck out the new idol controversy on my blog .. etc etc etc.

Seriously JD does a wonderful job with his blog. His connections allow him the pics and articles he publishs and I thinkk that is super. More power to you and great job as usual. This post/comment was not as hateful as the original but oh well, blogger would,nt let me mis-behave much to my dismay. But Yes JD to answer your question I do keep up with your blog and that of MJ's to keep the Idol adrenelin flowing.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Hey J.D.-
Thanks so much for stopping by Studio UES! Wish I'd known about your blog while the AI finals were going on! Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts...
Tricia

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger :) said...

Wow, JD - your comment section is almost as crazy as the scary boards this weekend. Thanks for the recap and don't let the drama get you down. It is what it is.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't understand what the hizzel everyone is getting their panties in a twist over. All the uptight Carrie fans need to realize that CARRIE is the one selling albums and winning awards. What does it MATTER what Jessica has to say about her. Now Constantine fans....what has he done in the last year? When all their albums come out then we can judge. Give it a rest people.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

Michael, dude, seriously, who peed in your cheerios this morning? :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



You think someone urinated in his cereal? I woke up and found someone urinating on my blog!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, someone thinks that Carrie needs more time to prove herself and gets hated for it? BFD, says I. Guess what?

The ONLY AI winner that has achieved success over time is Clarkson.

Let's take a look at all the winners five years from now and see where they are. 1 year means squat.

MackTK

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Hey JD

It wasn't cheerios it was Fruit Loops and I didnt find out till I took a bite .. besides you know it was all it fun. I thought the yello tint was the cereal color dyd. Seriously, you are one lucky Dawg, to manage to get all the unique interviews you do. BUt when you suck it up and do a nice even tempered interview on Kellie, you will redeem yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home